Aug 15, 2010

Doughnut Falls

Cookies are cooling and dinner is in the oven. The kids are sitting on my bed behind me watching Veggie Tales so I figured I'd use a few free min to blog about our weekend.

 The kids and I hiked up to Doughnut Falls yesterday. It was so fun. We packed some snacks to eat up at the waterfall and spend a couple hours just playing around and enjoying the mountains. We climbed half way up the waterfall and scaled part of the mountain on a climbing rope that someone left tied to a tree. The weather was perfect and it was such a relaxing afternoon, especially since I had to work in the morning.





The sad part of our weekend was Friday when our beloved Guinea Pig passed away. Ashleigh got her on her birthday when she was little. When we brought the Guinea Pig home, Ashleigh was teaching Jackson what it was and the best he could say "Guinea Pig" sounded more like "Pinky Pig"...so that's what we named her.

The kids and I decorated a sweet little box for her and Ashleigh said she would like Pinky buried at my Mom's house.We had a little funeral for her. My friend Rusty wrote a little eulogy for her which I read, Jackson said a few things about her, Ashleigh read a poem we wrote and I said a prayer. The kids put some flowers in with her and it was very sweet.














No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...