Aug 21, 2010

Bye bye summer

Tomorrow is the last official day of our summer break. Both kids start school on Monday. It's going to be a change for all of us this year. Jackson wont be at the same school as his sister since she has moved on to the jr. high. Air conditioning was installed in his school over the summer though, which will be very nice to have (Ash isn't too happy that they waited until she graduated elementary school to finally install it...especially since her new school is not air conditioned).

Ashleigh will be getting used to waking up an hour and a half earlier, using a locker, and changing classrooms though out the day on a block schedule. (A & B days)

School starts for Ashleigh at 7:50 and Jackson at 9:00 so there's quite some time between. I'll be getting up earlier with Ash this year. I'm looking forward to a new routine though. I've aways been a night owl rather than a morning person so getting up early will be a challenge for me in the beginning. I'm planning on fitting yoga and a workout into my morning routine and I will still have plenty of time visit with the kids and make them breakfast before leaving for the day.

My work schedule is still perfect. I am thankful for my job to have been so flexible over the last few years. After dropping Ashleigh off at school, I will have about an hour before dropping Jackson off and heading into work. I get off work the same time Ash gets out of school. Since I work about 5 min away, it will give her time to get what she needs out of her locker by the time I get there. I'll have 30-60 min of one on one time with each of my kids every morning and I'm looking forward to it.

No school for me again this semester but my babies are only little for so long. I have my whole life to get my degree. I love that I can still work on design projects and educate myself on all the new programs and techniques while they are busy doing homework or after they've gone to bed. I'm still progressing in my education even though I'm not currently enrolled in classes.


*I have to brag for just a minute because I'm always excited about great deals I find. I took Jackson to JC Penny today since I saw their shirts were on sale. I also found a coupon on their website that I printed off and took with me. I bought 9 nice (polo style and button downs) for $43! These are shirts that were normally $24.99 each and I got them for about $4.75!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...