Aug 24, 2010

First Day



Both kids has great first days at school. Jackson described it as "wonderful". He was very upset to find out his classroom this year (2nd grade) was in a portable (or relocatable as they call them) rather than a classroom in the school. He decided it wasn't so bad after all by the end of the day, and he likes his teacher, Mrs. Grubbs. He says she is funny.

 Ashleigh was nervous but once she met up with some friends and got to her first class, it wasn't so bad. She got asked out by a boy in her keyboarding class! She decided to 'just be friends'. Apparently this was part of the conversation:

Boy: Are you single?

Ash: Yes

Boy: You shouldn't be cuz you're hot.

And so it begins! I didn't know little 7th graders talked like that yet. haha  It was a bit of a wake up call for both Ash and myself, it was a nice confidence booster for her though. Speaking of confidence, Ashleigh's Uncle Josh (Charsty's husband) has been so sweet and supportive to her. He sent her texts yesterday, addressing her as, hey beautiful, wishing her luck and saying how he knew she would do great. I know it made her feel really special. She also got texts about her first day from her step mom, Monica,  my friend Rusty, Grandma Vicki and me of course.. I think I was just as nervous and excited as her. I was glad to see her get so much support for something new and scary. So far she likes her teachers, even though her Science teacher is "weird"  and she ended up having the same lunch as quite a few of her friends (which was a major concern of hers). 

I know I'm going to love getting up earlier, once I get used to it. Although, I am NOT looking forward to Fall & Winter when the sun wont even be up yet. I was super tired by 5 p.m. last night. Luckily I got a second wind and ended up cleaning out most of the garage while the kids rode their bikes! The city randomly drops off huge construction size dumpsters through out the neighborhood as part of a clean up program but they are only there for 1 day. I figured I shouldn't pass the opportunity.. and got rid of as much as I could. I cleared the entire wall next to my car, swept, and reorganized. I felt very accomplished and it was on my to do list before winter hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...