Feb 19, 2011

Ashleigh's 13th Birthday Party


It was only fitting to have a Zebra print themed party this year since Miss Ashleigh is crazy about everything Zebra. I made her invitations and put a little glitter on the lights on the chandelier after I printed them. She was thrilled. I had an idea in my head for her cake and I was nervous about making it, for weeks. Not only was it my first time using fondant frosting, but I made it from scratch as well. Start to finish, it took five hours.

One of Ashleigh's guests hadn't been to our house before, and since the party started at 7 PM, we wanted our house to be easy to find. We put a bunch a balloons out in the front yard and pointed a couple landscape lights on them.


Thankfully I got Friday off work, since we had a lot to do. The house looked "fabulous".



 In addition to goodie bags for her guests (with glow sticks, silly bands, funky watches & personally made pair of button earings) We had a bowl full of fun props (for a photo shoot). The mustaches were a favorite! Jackson tried one on before the party and this picture of him still cracks me up every time I see it.


I wanted to have a punch fountain & a chocolate fountain at her party but didn't say anything to her until I actually got them. I didn't want her to be disappointed if it didn't work out. It was the day before her party that we got them and she was literally jumping up and down when she found out. The fountains were a hit!




The trampoline was covered with at least 50 balloons. They had so much fun jumping with them all night. Of course they would scream every time one popped...and it was never just the one that popped the balloon but all four of them. (I think they just liked the excuse to scream). Haha




 Glow sticks!




The Pièce de résistance!!

Complete with pink sparkler candles


Singing "Happy Birthday"


Make a wish!
The inside of the cake was zebra also because I layered the cake batter. Ashleigh dipped a bite of her cake into the chocolate fountain. Along with other random things throughout the night, like spicy chips.


Then gifts








Hangin' out and being silly through the wee hours of the morning.





Morning




I'm not sure I've ever heard more laughing and giggling in a 18 hour time span. Her guests were very polite and thoughtful. They were all great. I dropped them all of at the mall for a few hours, after lunch,and they went home just before 5 PM. An awesome party for an awesome girl. And, I'm exhausted. Haha



6 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun party. The cake turned out good where did u get the recipe for the fondant. And how did u how did u make the stripes? Looks like the girls had fun Ashleigh deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'Anonymous'! I've never even worked with fondant let alone make it. So I had no idea what the texture/consistency was supposed to be like. I looked up a fondant recipe online. It was just marshmallow, powdered sugar & a little water. I added black coloring to part of it, rolled it out and cut the shapes with a pizza cutter for the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you guys get the pink sparkler candles? What brand are they? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pack of purple, blue and pink. I just checked the cupboard and I have the candles in the plastic but the cardboard with the brand name got thrown out. I'm not sure the brand but I remember getting them from Party City so I just looked it up. I hope this link works for you:

    www.partycity.com/product/assorted+sparkling+glitter+birthday+candles+18ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all&from=Search&navSet=candles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo funny when I didn't hear from you I found a pack at party city today!!! They're by Amscan. I just lit one... like my love life.... no sparks HA! Thanks Doll, your party looked so fun! Mine is next week so check out my blog in 2 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. Great, glad you found them! We noticed, if you let them burn for a bit they will sparkle more. I'll have to check back, hope your party turns out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...