Apr 16, 2011

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


Ashleigh did such a great job in her school play. When Jackson and I went opening night, I was worried about it holding his attention, but his eyes were glued to the stage the entire time. During intermission, he told me the play was much better than he was expecting and I have to admit that I was thinking the same. I was so impressed with the talent of these young kids!



Ashleigh was so cute after the play, asking how she did. She wanted to make sure her facial expressions were just right. We took her a bouquet of flowers to congratulate her on her acting debut. 


I also went closing night along with my Mom, Mark, Jerrick & Sierra. Of course I got teary eyed at the end of each performance. I know how much time, effort and energy Ash put into this performance. She put in two to three hours of practice almost everyday for months and we spent two hours just for hair & make up all three nights of the performance. I was a proud mama and being that it was closing night, I was sure to start a standing ovation at the end.








 After the play I took a bunch of kids over to their cast party at Inn & Out Burger. The place was packed! They ate and celebrated a job well done. After three long days and exhausted teenagers, we headed back home just after 11 PM for a sleepover.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...