Apr 7, 2011

Opening Night

I'm so excited for tonight! Ashleigh has been rehearsing for her acting debut. She is in, Tom Sawyer with her Jr. High School play.  Working on singing, dancing, costume, props for months now.

I signed up to help with refreshments to sell at the play in order to help raise money for play costs and start building up savings for next year's play. I've been gathering together the recipes I wanted to make for the sale; fudge, homemade chex mix, chocolate popcorn, and cupcakes.

I have the day off today with plans to bake the day away for opening night tonight. However, we found out yesterday that it can be store bought, individually wrapped treats only. I'm so bummed out. Store bought treats are much more expensive than home made.  I've spent the morning searching for deals and hunting though coupons instead of baking. I hope we can still get a good amount of money raised for the play.

Break a leg tonight kids!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to Ashleigh! Wish we were going to be there to watch~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! She was wonderful! I'll be posting pictures after closing night.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...