Apr 4, 2011

Jackson's Birthday - 8 years old!

Jackson's birthday was Sunday. I love when birthday's fall on the weekend and we get to spend the whole day together. My day started at 7 am when Jackson climbed into my bed to snuggle.

He got to pick meals for the whole day. Breakfast was pancakes, bacon & scrambled eggs (from grandma's chickens). For lunch he wanted Subway sandwiches (which he's been wanting for months). I went out to pick up lunch and stopped for balloons to bring back as a surprise. Jackson is going to have a party with his friends in a couple weeks. But we had a simple family get together to celebrate. My Mom, Jerrick & Sierra joined us. We ate lunch, opened a couple gifts then had cake (vanilla cake with chocolate frosting) and cookie dough ice cream.

Through out the whole day, Ashleigh kept saying, "Jackson, this is your first time doing _______ as an eight year old." I think he was sick of hearing it by mid afternoon. First time getting dressed, first time eating pancakes, first time brushing your teeth, etc.

colored flames on his birthday cake candles

Jackson randomly walked up to me at one point in the day; gave me a huge hug and said, "thank you for having me". I thought it was so sweet.

For dinner, he chose creamy pesto over angel hair, with mushrooms and garlic bread (one of his favorites). 

He had birthday wishes coming in from friends and family all over the country yesterday; he felt very loved.




Did you notice half the stuff in his room still turned upside down from April fools? hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...