Mar 11, 2012

Joys of getting older

Jackson loves Subway sandwiches but Rusty and I don't care for it much so we hardly ever go. For Christmas, Rusty gave Jackson a Subway gift card though and he was so excited.

I took Jackson one afternoon for lunch. I sat at a table and let him get in line to order and pay all by him self.

He was absolutely beaming afterward. He told me he felt, "so mature" since he ordered by himself.

A little later we headed out to our favorite Sushi restaurant, Simply Sushi,  to pick up Ashleigh & Kylee (who had been dropped off earlier by Kylee's mom for lunch). 





Ashleigh was so excited that she got to go with her best friend and no parents. They sat up at the sushi bar loved every minute of it.





She told me she felt, "so mature"! I thought it was ironic that both Ashleigh & Jackson had a similar experience on the same day and then described it the exact same way.

Small steps towards growing up. I loved how proud of themselves they were.

1 comment:

  1. On a side note.. Everyone one in the sandwich shop thought it was cute to see him order by himself. When Jackson used up the last of his gift card he was short by a few cents after the tax and both the lady behind the register and the lady behind him in line immediately offered him the extra money he needed. Off and on all afternoon he kept talking about how nice it was for them to offer. I agree.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...