Mar 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I miss blogging on my own computer, which is sitting in the other room, dead as a doornail. I finally ordered a new battery and power cord so it should be up an running again in the next week. I feel like I have a hundred things to catch up on. I realized a couple days ago that I didn't post my thankful thursday last week and when I loged on today saw that I have actually missed the last two. That means time is going by even faster than I thought! Projects around the house, work, school events and class projects, karate class and promotion, dog sitting, puppy training, and constantly chauffeuring have kept me pretty busy.

I have a million things to be thankful for. I thank God everyday for all the blessings in my life. Some things are very basic:
  • Clean running water
  • Nutritional food
  • Electricity
  • Heat
  • A place to call home
  • Freedom
I honestly don't take any of those things for granted but I'm sure listing, "water" or "power" on my blog week after week would not make for an interesting read. I'm sure I have duplicated some things since starting Thankful Thursday in 2010 but I try not to repeat. Aside from the basics necessities, I have a lot of things I am thankful for that just make my life easier:
  • Cell phone
  • Computer, laptop & ipad
  • Dependable vehicle
  • Washer, dryer & dishwasher
  • Crock pot, oven, stove & microwave
My list of feel good items and beauty of mother nature could go on for days, but the few at the top of the list would have to be:
  • Hot water
  • Fireplace
  • Cozy blankets
  • Fresh flowers
  • Sunshine on my face
  • Curtains blowing from a warm breeze
Pardon me for being cheesy but I feel very fortunate to be where I am in life. Loving family, good friends fantastic children and a wonderful boyfriend. I do live in the real world however, so things aren't always perfect. For every thing that doesn't go as planned, for every annoying or frustrating thing that comes my way, I have a hundred more things to be grateful for and remembering this makes everyday a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...