Sep 19, 2011

At a glance - Last week


A few fun things from this last week

1. Jackson's best buddy, John, came over after school and they did their homework together. I thought it was too cute listening to them work out the problems. 2. I get tired of the kids saying, "I'm bored" sometimes, so I made a bored jar. Every time they tell me "I'm bored", they have to pick a slip of paper out of the jar. They could get anything from an extra chore to reading or drawing a picture. There are about 20 different activities. Ashleigh was so curious to find out what was on the slips of paper that she purposely said, "I'm bored" and picked out an activity; much to her dismay, it said, "Write 'I'm bored' 50 times". 15 minutes later she did it again... and pulled out the exact same one! We all laughed pretty hard since she had to write it 100 times. I took the lid off the jar to take the picture you see above and saw a suspicious strip of blue paper that was a different from all the others. I unfolded the paper to see, "play a video game or computer for 30 min." written in Ashleigh's handwriting. She tried to pull a fast one having no idea that I did put in a slip for 30 minutes of video games already! 3. 1 chair, 1 bar stool, blankets and pillows make for a great fort in the family room. With blankets strategically placed, of course, so the T.V. can still be seen for a movie. 4. Finally! Red cherry  tomatoes. I've been nurturing these tomato plants from seeds and here it is mid September, I was starting to wonder if the harvest would even be worth it but it is. I want to expand next year and have a bigger garden. 5. Parry the Platypus or 'Agent P' is an undercover secret agent on a cartoon show the kids like to watch. Ashleigh thinks he's pretty "awesome". 6. Jackson with his armful of 'chapter' books from the library. Jackson + new books = big smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...