Sep 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Of the many blessings I have, I am thankful for:


  • Rusty being so involved with the kids. He has gone to every one of Jackson's karate practice, helps Ashleigh with studying & encourages them both to succeed. It's nice for them to have that daily encouragement from a male role model and someone besides their mommy.
  • Jackson's love of the public library & the librarian who waived a huge fee on his card after leaving a book at his Dad's all summer. She told me that the kids can have two library cards, one for each household (awesome)!
  • Ashleigh's good common sense about boys rather than getting all boy crazy, like so many of her friends & classmates.
  • Cool summer nights. A slight breeze, crickets chirping & a sky full of stars.
  • Cute family movies, that we can all enjoy together (we watched Rio earlier).
  • Sliced bananas on top of a bowl of cereal. Yum. Special K has been my favorite. I've never been a big cereal eater, but it's been growing on me.
  • 10 Pounds. Got on Wii fit when the kids were playing the other day, scared of what it was going to tell me after not working out since before summer began... I'm down 10 more pounds! Go me.
  • Leah Fox, Jackson's karate instructor. She is so great with her students. She scheduled a private lesson for Jackson this Saturday after I talked to her about his anxiety regarding sparing. He's very worried about hurting someone on accident. Sweet boy.
  • Things just falling into place. It seems inevitable that something will come along to upset this harmonious balance but I'm sure enjoying every minute of it.. and who knows, this could last for a very, very long time.
  • Tomatoes. The ones I planted are finally ripe. Late in the season though so I have a feeling I will be bringing them inside to the sun room next month so I can keep harvesting even after it freezes outside. (I can't believe it's almost October!)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...