Sep 10, 2011

Week at a glance


Here are a few bits and pieces from this last week:


1. I love this rose bush. It's right off the deck in my backyard and it blooms constantly from spring though the end of fall 2. Jackson's sparing gear came in for Karate and he was super excited.  He figured out, if he wore the helmet backwards, he looked like a knight (and a t-shirt makes a good shield). He also thought it was pretty cool to shape the mouthpiece so it fit just right, but he was not happy to find out all the boys have to wear a cup or groin protection haha. I think he was a little embarrassed. 3. I made a small loaf of honey wheat bread one night, thinking it would be nice to have for sandwiches for the next couple days. Between the four of us, butter and some raspberry jam, we ate the entire loaf that night... before it even cooled off. 4. We bought some steaks and had them marinating in the fridge for a couple days. We cooked all but two steaks on the grill for dinner (along with corn on the cob, and baked potatoes) and the next day I was going to make sandwiches with the last two. I sliced them up pretty thin and caramelized some onions and garlic then rolled it all up in a crescent roll with a little mozzarella and baked for 15 min. They were delicious! I'll have to keep some ready made crescent roll dough in the house more often for a quick & easy meal, or dessert. I can fill them with almost anything, the possibilities are endless. 5. Ashleigh & Rusty making breakfast (pancakes & sausage). Is it just me, or does food usually taste better when someone else cooks it for you? Maybe because it's cooked with love. (Awww Ok, I'm done being cheesy/mushy) 6. It was Labor Day weekend and I enjoyed having Monday off work. We had a full house since I let both kids have a sleepover, It was great to see them having such a fun time playing board games for hours on end..even if we did end up with a few straggler game pieces around the dinning room and family room by the end of the weekend. 7. I tackled this mammoth geyser in my front yard and can officially say, I now know how to replace sprinkler heads. It is surprisingly simple and for those of you keeping track, the front yard will now return to it's regular watering routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...