Sep 10, 2011

Yoga

"If I'm losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher and God reaches down to steady me. It works every time, and not just in yoga."  ~Terri Guillemets
In one of my first few semesters of college I took a yoga class. After the semester ended, my body craved it. It wanted that movement, my muscles wanted to be stretched and my mind needed those minutes of quiet meditation. There are many health benefits to yoga but there is such a spiritual connection as well.

I continued yoga off and on over the last couple years. Admittedly, more off than on. I've been practicing again lately though, and I had forgotten how good it makes you feel. When done in the morning, it wakes up my sleepy body and energizes me for the day. I fall asleep quickly and sleep better when I do yoga at night; it's relaxing and melts the stress of the day away.

I usually do a simple Sun Salutation. It's always been one of my favorite. I found a good short video to explain how to this so you can try it. Just do it on your own level, to the best of your ability...your body with thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...