Jan 2, 2012

Christmas

 

"And the angel said to them,
 “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy
 that will be for all the people.
 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior,
 who is Christ the Lord."  -Luke 2:10-11



 
 




On Christmas eve, Mom, Rusty and I stopped at my Aunt Glory & Uncle Don's to drop off gifts and visit for a bit before heading to a wonderful candlelight service together at our church. The kids were at their Dad's for Christmas Eve this year and it was so hard to wait until 2 P.M. on Christmas to see them.










I was so anxious for Christmas this year, for days I felt like a little kid and it couldn't get here fast enough. I had some pretty big Christmas secrets I was able to pull off. Without being able to get out and shop, I must admit I am very grateful for online shopping!








We had a house full of family and more food than we could possibly eat. While we didn't have a white Christmas is was warm and cozy inside with the fireplace lit, twinkling lights & yummy scented candles. It was a casual lazy day enjoying each other's company. 


This video of the kids first look at what Santa brought, might very well be the only time I have seen Jackson completely speechless!




After the initial shock wore off and the we looked though our stockings,  Jackson said he wanted to give the first gift. He ran over to the tree and handed me the gift from him. I think both kids were just as excited as I was for everyone to open their gifts.


Puppy kisses!


Ashleigh got the boots she really wanted from Rusty
The puppy was 'helping' with the unwrapping
Opening presents is a tough job. Nap time.



Jackson liked wearing Rusty's fedora all the time,
so Ashleigh bought him one of his own


Pillow pet from Grandma
Ashleigh & Rusty putting on the puppy's sweater


Ashleigh wanted a keyboard as much as Jackson wanted a dog. I love her little happy dance at the end of the video.













Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...