Jan 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday


Of the many blessings I have, here are a few on my mind today:


  • The people I work with. Due to red tape/rules/laws/regulations, I found out a few days ago, that I did not have a job to go back to after my leave of absence. I qualified for short term disability the entire eight weeks I was home. But when I got the call that my boss told me to expect, from our HR department, with the date I was returning to work, I was told I no longer had a position instead. To make a long story short, I applied online, had a phone interview, and was hired for my same position the very next day and went back to work the following day. People pulled a lot of strings for me and I feel very appreciated.
  • iTunes U. A new application I found (on the computer & my ipad). It is a digital library filled with educational content from leading universities and other schools. I am currently learning courses from both Duke and Yale.
  • Taxes. I love tax time! My federal taxes are done and filed. Bathroom remodel here we come!
  • Grants. Since my taxes are done, I was able to file for a Federal Pell Grant with hopes of going back to school this Summer.
  • Humane Society of Utah. Inexpensive vaccines for Copper & a bunch of super nice people.
  • My new exercise room. (pictures coming soon)
  • Food Dehydrator. We've never eaten so much kale in this house before! Kale chips and Zucchini are my new favorite snack.
  • Lint roller. We have a dog now... need I say more?
  • Square Trade. A warranty company. We bought a used washer from an appliance store that came with a free five month warranty. We bought it on our Discover Card so we are able to get a two year warranty for less than $75 (and cash back bonus haha). I'm still loving my new/old washer, it's so much better than all the bran new ones with the government restrictions.
  • Charter Schools. Better than the average public school without the tuition fees of a private school. Keep your fingers crossed and keep us in your prayers that my kids get into the charter school we applied for next year. It's going to be the luck of the draw since applications are chosen by lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...